Friday, November 21, 2008

Prom


Marc and I had the amazing chance to crash a party, and all we had to do is dress up like we were going to prom. Not that I really went to my senior prom for very long (sorry mom) but I had a lot of fun nonetheless. This time though, I really cut lose and had a great time. It could have helped that this prom had an open bar, crazy enough, both of us could have been the designated driver. We had a crazy good time, and my knees hurt from dancing all night the next few mornings.

It did make me feel nostalgic for the before baby years when we would go out nearly every weekday night after work and find a show and dance the night away. I wish we could still do that at least once a month now. Now we have to have those conversations about life uninterrupted on the phone while he is on his way home from work or in a hotel room many states away. I know that we are in the trenches again with baby number 2, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We recently found a great teenager we trust completely with our kids, so I foresee a few nights in the future out acting like wild kids again, which gives me a huge sigh of relief.

No comments: