Monday, July 21, 2008

one of the loveliest weekends ever

my first weekend post working at my new job.

come friday, i went home a little bit early, sat on the back porch and had a beer with my husband, and then we proceeded to clean the house. it was awesome. i did not crawl into bed out of pure exhaustion.

on saturday we went and picked up the oldest boy of the clan from camp (let's have a shout out to grandma for this one) he had a great time, but he definelety had some separation anxiety. he has been my best friend since we got back. we went out to dinner at kenny and zukes on saturday night too...

this is what i ate:

as for this place, i could have just gone there over the weekend and stayed in bed for the rest of it and feel satisfied with how i spent my time. this place was so absolutely lovely that i can't rave enough. the staff was great to my kids, they were great to us. it was so nice to be at a place that actually respected my kids. half of the places we have been lately it has been so, oh, 2 and 3/4. no, i am sorry, but my child is a full person. please people get a grip. if you wait on me, you need to be nice to my kids, and if you treat them less than human you don't get as good of a tip as if you treated them with respect and DID NOT snub your nose at them. yes, my kids can be a handful, the youngest needs to be entertained all of the time and has a hard time sitting still, but it isn't like i am going to super fancy restaurant with him either. we can't afford to eat like that!

anyway, kenny and zukes rocks. the food was great. f kept saying, there is no such thing as too much pastrami and kenny and zukes. and he is right.

yesterday cousin l came and hung out with us for the day, which was wonderful. those two get along really well, and they are mellow and i got a lot of things done around the house. i baked bread, puttered away in the kitchen and did some laundry.

then my mother in law came over, and my sister and her boy came to pick up l. we hung out outside, visited, drank iced tea and lemonade and ate a lovely picnic dinner (thanks mom-in-law!). it was lovely. as neighbors passed by we got to wave and chat and catch up with them. it was such a relaxing and lovely day. i couldn't have asked for a better one.

summer does rock.

No comments: